Thursday, July 8, 2010

Entry 4: Bossy Arrows

No matter where we go, there seems to be arrows telling us what to do. Either they are suggesting courses of actions, or outright demanding we do something they're way. Arrows are everywhere. I've captured all these images within just one hour on my 4 mile drive this morning and on a short walk around and through my building.

This here is my elevator at work. I work on the top floor, so my only option is down.











This a Cat-Card refill device. At the U of AZ, these machines are all over campus, allowing you to convert cash into a debit-like system that feeds off your UA ID card.








NOS. This is an energy drink. This vending machine is 35% Energy drinks, 35% Iced Teas, and 30% Juice. I think the energy drinks sell very well amongst IT folk.







Hallway directional sign. Handy in a building with lots of room numbers (and hidden passage ways).







Fire Alarm. Can't read English? No problem, just follow Mr. Arrow's advice...











Card swipe for door entry. Being an IT department, we have these all over our building to restrict access.











This is from a relief map. I pass a 4-Points Sheraton on the daily commute and their emblem is a compass. I would have taken a picture if I had a good angle. Turns out I found another compass-like arrow.





Feed paper into copier this way please.









Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.











If you want to drive in my lane, you are gonna have to turn right.






Ready. Set. Go! This is one of the few left turn traffic lights in Tucson where the green arrow starts the flow of traffic. Most of the lights in this city have the green left turn arrow at the end of the light cycle.









I've read that over 50% of the buttons like this don't actually do anything. They are a mental-thing to make you wait to cross (and not walk out into traffic).






Fire Hydrant.
Right-tighty, lefty loosey.











The U of Az has a lot of these signs, where only official UA vehicles can park. That's my work building the background.





One way... Mine.








No left turn. This was on the same road above (One Way).








This sign warns you to not continue straight, but to swerve around median. Good thing, or I'm sure we'd all be running into this pole.
Coincidentally, these signs are everywhere.









Tucson: Home of the suicide (center) lanes.












No outlet from Christmas Place. (Why would you want to leave, anyway?)









An exit sign in my own development.

No comments:

Post a Comment